Sanitation - Barbourmeade Ky
- Garbage will be collected every Monday morning at the curb.
- A 95 gallon toter with wheels, handles and attached lid is provided for your convenience.
- Please do not set cans out before Sunday night and promptly remove them from the curb as soon as possible after pick-up.
- Please use the provided lids as to avoid items being blown out of the container on days with inclement weather.
The City of Barbourmeade has made provisions for those residents who are unable to take their garbage to the curb due to physical limitations. Please feel free to contact the Barbourmeade Sanitation Commissioner for more information.
Rumpke observes six holidays per year. If one of these holidays falls on a Monday, garbage, recycling and yard waste will be picked up on the Tuesday following the holiday. Rumpke observes:
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Years Day
Yard Waste Collection
- Effective July 1st, 2008, yard waste pick-up is provided every Monday year round.
- Please place yard waste in cans, bags or other appropriate containers marked “Yard Waste.”
- Limbs should be no longer than 4 feet in length, tied with twine and placed at the curb.
At RESIDENTS EXPENSE, a green 95-gallon YARD WASTE can with wheels can be leased for $2.50 monthly (this is optional as you may still use your own containers at no cost). You must call Rumpke at 568-3800 if you would like this can. They prefer to bill yearly but will allow quarterly if requested.
- Recycling pick-up is provided at the curb every other Monday.
- Rolling cans with lids and handles are provided for your convenience.
For a list of acceptable items to be recycled, please call Rumpke at 568-3800 or click here for a List of Recycling Materials that Rumpke will accept. If you find that you have a lot of recycling material, for a small cost, Rumpke will provide you with additional recycling bins.
To report a missed pick-up, lost, stolen or damaged toter/recycling container, or other questions, please call Rumpke at 568-3800 or the Barbourmeade Sanitation Commissioner.
Christmas trees will be picked up, along with yard waste, on the second Monday in January.